The Gebwell Smart Environment
All Gebwell’s IoT heating devices with smart features are factory-linked to the Gebwell Smart cloud service. The IoT heat pump and district heating substation communicate with the cloud service over their entire warranty period and even after the warranty has expired, for as long as the remote connection service is in force.
The cloud service uses the Internet of Things, IoT, and the Siemens Mindsphere cloud service with first-rate data security is used as the service platform. The Siemens Climatix regulator used in the IoT heat pumps has a SAL-2 security level (CSA CERT Security Assessment). All connections are HTTPS encrypted. Communication between the regulator and the cloud service is SHA-256 encrypted.
The cloud service collects valuable data from the devices that are used in the smart control of the ground source heat pump and for the continued development of functions. In the near future, our product development at Gebwell will focus on developing functions that take into account local weather conditions and the exchange prices of electricity, in order to further improve the energy efficiency of our systems.
Gebwell Smart Environment enables remote control of heating device
- Data collected from the IoT heating devices are stored in the Siemens Mindsphere cloud service with first-rate data security.
- Property heat pumps and district heating substations are managed locally using the heat pump’s control panel or online using a browser-based Gebwell Smart Control Hub.
Users can control the Gebwell Aries ground source heat pump using a free Gebwell Smart user interface application that can be downloaded and installed on iOS and Android devices.
- Thanks to the cloud service, the Gebwell Smart Control Hub can monitor the status of each ground source heat pump and identify possible maintenance needs in real time.
Gebwell Smart Control Hub
Gebwell’s IoT heat pumps and IoT district heating substations communicate with the Gebwell Smart Control Hub via the cloud service. Using the Control Hub, the service/maintenance company can monitor the status of the IoT heating devices they installed in real time. Logon credentials to Gebwell Smart Control Hub can be given to property owners also, provided the housing company has a Gebwell IoT heating device.
Using the Gebwell Smart Control Hub requires that the heating device is located in an area with 3G/4G coverage. Monitoring and controlling the heating system online using a browser-based service ensures carefree, more energy efficient heating. Our technical support enabling the Gebwell Smart Control Hub provides assistance to users in the event of malfunctioning.
Remote smart features of the Gebwell Smart Control Hub:
- Maintenance can monitor the installed equipment online.
- Gives the owner of the property access to monitor how their heating devices are functioning.
- Offers versatile control features and adjustable settings.
- Real time alarms on abnormal temperatures and device malfunctioning.
- The Control Hub assists maintenance in locating the fault and giving advice to the person servicing the malfunctioning device. Service and repairs can be conducted remotely via the Control Hub thus eliminating the need to visit the site which improves workplace efficiency and saves costs.
- The heating optimisation service and forecast-based adjustments can be turned on from the Control Hub.
- Preventative maintenance of heating devices, including servicing heating circuit filters, can be performed based on accumulated usage data.
Our product development at Gebwell is currently developing reporting functions for the Gebwell Smart Control Hub to monitor system operation. A maintenance contract service that includes preventative maintenance and optimisation of the system’s life-cycle will be included soon in the Gebwell IoT heating devices.
Heating devices that can be linked to the Gebwell Smart Control Hub:
- Gebwell Aries Heat Pump
- T3 Inverter Heat Pump
- Gemini Inverter Heat Pump
- Taurus Inverter Pro Heat Pump
- Taurus 110 EVI Heat Pump
- G-Power Smart Heating Substation
Continuous system development
The controller and features of Gebwell IoT heating devices are being continuously developed in cooperation with experts and users to ensure the best possible user experience. The Gebwell IoT heating devices will soon include even more services that will increase their energy efficiency and improve living comfort such as service agreements and temperature optimisation based on local weather forecasts.